This week we have been getting creative in the kitchen trying to find different ways to use all the courgettes that have been kindly given to us from a local grower and as I was searching for recipes I stumbled across courgette cakes. We’ve made carrot cake, parsnips cake and beetroot cake in the past but courgette cake was a new one for us but we were excited to give them a try. They were surprisingly very tasty and the kids ate a lot of them. To make your own courgette cakes please see the recipe in this post.
Courgette cake recipe
- 75ml olive oil
- 100g sugar
- 2 eggs
- Lemon zest and juice
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 250g plain white flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 1 cup grated courgette
- 1 cup raisins
- Honey for drizzling on the cakes once baked (optional)
- Pre heat the oven to 180c/Gas mark 4. Line a muffin tin with cases
- In a large bowl whisk the oil, sugar, eggs, lemon juice and zest, and cinnamon together
- Sieve in flour, baking powder and salt and gently fold.
- Add the grated courgette and raisins and gently mix
- Divide the mixture into the cases and bake for 25-30 mins or until a skewer comes out clean
- Once the cakes are out of the oven you can drizzle a little honey on them if you wish.
We hope you have enjoyed this weeks post and if you do make your own courgette cakes please let us know how you found them. You can join us on social media using the links.